ModphpBB3 to end!

Get Announcements on ModphpBB3 in here. Please do not post questions regarding ModphpBB3 in here.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

ModphpBB3 to end!

Post by LDM »

Please note, the current download for the modded phpBB package from ModphpBB3 will actually be the last one from us.

The site will stay but there will be no more updates or any new releases of modified downloads.

There are a few reasons why this is the case and urge those looking to add mods to try automod on a default phpBB. If you still cannot get to grips or cannot use automod easily, you can PM me and I can add mods for very low price.

Thanks to those that found the package useful since we started in Jan 2008, and have posted on the forum since it was revamped in May 2008.
chery
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: ModphpBB3 to end!

Post by chery »

Oh no that's so disappointing :beg:
I was really hoping for an update up to 3.0.7.
My thanks for all the hard work you have performed over the years in getting ModphpBB3 to it's present state.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Thanks chery.

Do you reckon there still could be demand for this modded package then?

I would have thought what with Automod doing quite well these days, there wouldn't be as much demand for this.
chery
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chery »

All I know is that:
1. When my server was struck by lightening and crashed and I had to rebuild my site from scratch in a hurry - your mod was a godsend.
2. In the days when I used def's arcade mod - automod caused quite a few problems with several mods.

You must do what is best for you but if I had my "druthers" I'd rather trust in your work ;)
Kuroi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kuroi »

LDM wrote:Thanks chery.

Do you reckon there still could be demand for this modded package then?

I would have thought what with Automod doing quite well these days, there wouldn't be as much demand for this.
Sure, I use automod... Only AFTER installing MODPHPBB3. Your package already includes most of the useful mods that I could want, and if I need anything else, THEN I use automod. (Because, to be honest, I trust your work over automod.) Your mod dramatically reduces the time it takes to get a new forum up and running, and I have suggested it to many of my friends. Even if you don't continue to update your mod package, I shall still continue to use it. ( In fact, I logged in today to DL it. Then I saw this post >.> )
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Cheers Kuroi.

Have had a chat with cisco and depending on how things go after 3.0.8 is released, there may be another version.
chery
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chery »

LDM wrote:Cheers Kuroi.

Have had a chat with cisco and depending on how things go after 3.0.8 is released, there may be another version.
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
teh1337Bitty
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by teh1337Bitty »

Sorry to hear that you're discontinuing ModphpBB3 LDM. It was a spectacular compilation of modifications. Thanks for providing us ModphpBB3, we'll miss future versions of it.
Minxy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Minxy »

It is 100% the truth when I say my site wouldn't exist without ModphpBB3, after spectacullar failures with automod, a testament to how well your pre modded board works, I have only been back once or twice looking for help and tips. Great work!
Tris1
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Tris1 »

Sadly Auto Mod Isn't that great try using it to add Arcade in the past, I know this is old news by I am sad to see the end of this been developed hope you pick up some other project that brings you and other people as much joy as this one has
visvang
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by visvang »

so i can not download this fully mod phpbb3 anymore, i see the under downloads there is nothing to download any more....anywhere else where i can download a fully modded phpbb3