ProNight Style

Styles for phpBB3 created by ModphpBB3 and Others.
farrelldoc
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: ProNight Style

Post by farrelldoc »

I am having the same problem as a person you helped on the phpBB forum with missing edit, quote, etc. buttons with the ProNight style. My permissions are all set correctly for groups, forums, etc., and the board says that I can edit my own posts when I am viewing a topic, but the buttons are not there. I tried switching to Britsh English, but that did not help. Can you please help?

Thanks so much!
Karen
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Switch to English, then re-cache the template and imageset and they will appear.

I am not sure why a few boards get that problem (as mentioned, this is the 2nd time I have heard of this)
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Updated version 3.0.8 for phpBB 3.0.8 now on first post in topic.

This new version uses inheritance from prosilver so make sure you have prosilver installed on your forum.
slayer_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by slayer_ »

I recently updated my ProNight Install to 3.0.8 and discovered that the onload functions for the BBCode buttons were not working. It turned out that the editor.js was missing from the ProNight/template folder which caused a 404 when referenced. Once the prosilver/template/editor.js was copied to ProNight/template/ everything worked fine.

I'm guessing that the style might need to have that file included or have it referenced from the prosilver folder.

Thanks for the great Style. It was exactly what I was looking for.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Thanks Slayer, I take it that it was the one posted on this topic?

That's me, rushing to get a new version out. I will replace the file with the one I submitted to phpBB database for update as they are in there.

I hope it didn't cause too much confusion.

Thanks for that.
slayer_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by slayer_ »

Your Welcome. Its a good thing I decided to do some testing before making the default style again.
jester77
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by jester77 »

Hi Guys,

Is 3.08 available yet ?

Thanks for all your work with these styles.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Sure is, the first post has been edited with the latest version.
jester77
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by jester77 »

LDM wrote:Sure is, the first post has been edited with the latest version.
Top work guys, thank you :grin:
user00
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by user00 »

Hi

Is there a tut about how to update the style mantaining the MODs of the previous version?

Cheers.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

i might be wrong but there really isn't one, unless all you use is prosilver, if you use other styles besides prosilver and subsilver2, you might be on your own, you might have to update the style then the mods!
i just saw this, http://phpbbcommunities.com/kb.php?a=166 you could also use that for styles with a little modification to the tutorial, but i think it should work!
user00
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by user00 »

cisco007 wrote:i might be wrong but there really isn't one, unless all you use is prosilver, if you use other styles besides prosilver and subsilver2, you might be on your own, you might have to update the style then the mods!
i just saw this, http://phpbbcommunities.com/kb.php?a=166 you could also use that for styles with a little modification to the tutorial, but i think it should work!
Thanks, I will give it a try. :)
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

nice, let me know how it goes!
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I'm still trying to find out the issue, updating mods on the style?

Edit: Ah its just dawned on me, your issue (I think)

Download the changed files zip package http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/olympus. ... PL1&code=1
and update the files on your style files with the changes specified in the notepad file. That's if you haven't got prosilver modified and wanted to keep clear of inheritance.

Edit 2:
Sorry cisco, wasn't meaning to undermine your reply, just think if user00 needs to do what I think, it may be easier just to manually update the style as opposed to touching the mod edits on it, though I could be wrong and misunderstood.
user00
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by user00 »

Thanks guys, the problems is solved.

Cheers.