Customising ProSilver

Current styles for phpBB3 edited for use on ModphpBB3.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Customising ProSilver

Post by uk_martin »

LDM wrote: For 1) Have you got a link or screens for an example?
Column widths - http://www.brummiesfans.com/main/
Missing icon - http://www.brummiesfans.com/main/index.php
LDM wrote: For 2) My one is based in the style/theme/images/icon_gallery.gif
I will check when I get home if it's there. If not can it be attached to download?
LDM wrote: For 3) I believe there is a setting with the portal ACP though that can also be changed in the file, may have to look into what file it is if you have no luck with the ACP setting.
Found it, thanks...although I think I may need to cut down on some of the padding in the Portal blocks...
LDM wrote: Lastly, the colours are set in theme/colours.css
Thanks. Is there any valid CSS for scrollbars these days? I hear that scrollbar colouring died a death with IE7+
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Ah I can see what the problem is..

Prosilver SE inherits from prosilver so you need to tweak it slightly. There is some code missing from the overall footer which makes up the border.

Also, you need to add the gallery icon within the imageset file (best way is to compare the files from prosilver using winmerge) and possibly copy the image over to the SE imageset/images folder.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

Well, I've sorted out the rounded footer corners, but blow me down with a feather if I can find why those little Gallery and Download icons aren't showing. The server says that the files are there now but the header doesn't even seem to be keeping a space for them.

ANYWAY, that's just a temporary issue (I hope) as I think I'd prefer a header like the one on this site. The menubar will be a carry-over from my original site, so that will be good. Rotating header graphics would be cool too. I could rattle some image files off in Photoshop. Is there much more to it than a swap over of the overall_header file? If there are no other dependent files that need working on, what I'd like to do is to somehow combine the rotating graphic header, the menubar and the "info bars" with the rounded corners in ProSilver SE

Would that be possible?
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

LDM wrote: To change box widths, have a look in portal settings..
I'm already down to 150, but I think that there is more than enough padding in the cells. Which CSS controls the padding in the block tables?

Thanks
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

There's a weekend ahead and I'm hoping for a bit of quality time to spend getting the style on my site a step or two nearer the target.

How will the overall_header and overall_footer need to be amended to give the menu bar and rotating masthead graphics?

Thanks

Martin
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Martin why not give this one a go, I was always meaning to put it on here (changing the style here to my pronight took me 6 months :D ) it changes depending on what forum you are viewing http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1237105

If you want me to search for just having the random headers, give us a shout.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

Thanks for the pointers in the right directions. The mechanics are working, just a case of getting some artwork rattled up.

Mind you, I really could do with a pointer as to which CSS file and which attribute I need to doctor to cut down on the padding and empty spaces in the Portal left and right columns. The CSS files confuse me as a lot of stuff is duplicated between several files, and I'm never sure which is the "active" style sheet.

Thanks

Martin
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

Hi again...progress being made slowly. I've just re-hashed the border graphic, but in doing so, discovered that in reality, there are two backgrounds that I now need to change.

As you can see, www.brummiesfans.com/main there is a grey table background that the forum sits in, and also there is a white inner background. How can I change these to be transparent please?

Also, which is the CSS item that can turn the Navigation Barr links to font=red?

Thanks

Martin