Image item request!

Graphics other than Smilies or Avatars that could be of use to your forum.
Forum rules
If you download graphics, please show your thanks and post a thank you in the thread.
davsbrander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Image item request!

Post by davsbrander »

Heya all,

I've recently installed the shop mod by Adrian on my forum, but the images that you can buy are boring, I'm looking for some pirate related ones as it's a forum for people playing a pirate game :D

The current ones are a similar size to this:
And I'd be looking for ones in the same sort of size bracket.

Thanks for the help!
~Davs
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Image item request!

Post by LDM »

How are you finding that shop mod to use?

I added it here but took it off as it really wasn't what I thought it would be.
davsbrander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by davsbrander »

LDM wrote:How are you finding that shop mod to use?

I added it here but took it off as it really wasn't what I thought it would be.
It's been a little confusing in places, the edits and stuff were all fine, aside from one which was specific to users with the Ultimate Points mod (like me) but Adrian answered my question about that swiftly and it works fine now.

I have no interest in the buying permissions side of it, as the way I have my forum set up depending on who you are depends what permissions you get, and since I installed points and turned on the bank etc about a week before installing the shop, I'm not going to remove users permissions about that. I'm sure that it would work fine though.

The user interface in the ACP is ok, once you've added all the modules, but having to go adjust people's/groups permissions in a separate section is tedious. Now that I've worked out how to add the item properly it should work well enough for what I want, which is basically just to have some pretty pictures by peoples names..
It would be helpful if he wrote a mini guide showing people how to add modules and adjust permissions as I didn't find anything from him about that, and pretty much had to guess a bit with it all as I'm still a fairly new mods user.

It's still in Beta though, so I can forgive a few annoyances, as long as it doesn't decide to destroy my forum it should be ok! :) Will let you know if it blows up on me ;)

~Davs
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I'm sure it is good depending on how you are using it in the forum. It didn't seem to do what I wanted it to when I installed it, maybe I was expecting a little too much from it. I was expecting more from a download point of view, cash in your points for downloads.

What is your forum content, pirates?
davsbrander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by davsbrander »

Ahh, it does more or less what I want it to, little trinkets that people can buy and give to people etc. As Adrian about that sort of thing maybe? He seems pretty good and since its still in Beta adding in things isn't too bad.

It's a forum for a flag from the MMORPG Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates (YPP). You play as little pirates that go around sailing the seas for plunder and the like. It's my geek game ;) But it's a bit of fun, and forums come in useful to talk to people. :duel:

~Davs