2. Open a new database within your Hosting panel, and import 'modded.sql' into phpmyadmin.
3. Open config.php from the download in Modphpbb3 Files, and change the 3 fields to match your database.
4. Save the new config.php and upload all contents in the Modphpbb3 folder to your webspace.
Code: Select all
<?php // phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file // Do not change anything in this file! $dbms = 'mysql'; $dbhost = 'localhost'; $dbport = ''; $dbname = 'PUT HERE YOUR DATABASE NAME'; $dbuser = 'PUT HERE YUR DATABASE USERNAME'; $dbpasswd = 'PUT HERE YOUR DATABASE PASSWORD'; $table_prefix = 'phpbb_'; $acm_type = 'file'; $load_extensions = ''; @define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true); // @define('DEBUG', true); // @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true); ?>
5. Type on your domain name, and login via default name and password.
Crucial Post installation
First, make sure the correct permissions are set on the following files:
755 - store/, cache/, files/, images/avatars/upload/, arcade/gamedata, includes/arcade/games
644 - config.php
1. Log in as admin, go to your User Control Panel - Profile - Edit Account Settings
Change to your email address and change to a password of your choice. This is Vital to stop any unauthorised access to your admin section. You will need to specify the old password of 'random' at the bottom to make the changes.
2. Log into the Administration Control Panel (link at the bottom). On the first tab General, look down to Client communication - Email Settings. Confirm that the boards email address, was that of what you had just changed in User control panel. If not, change it, and Submit.
3. On the General Tab again, look at the main screen. Now press the 'Run Now' buttons for Reset most users ever online, Reset board’s start date and Purge the Cache.
4. Again on the General Tab, look down to Board configuration - Announcement Center. Change the Board message or disable announcements. It's your choice!
5. Again on General Tab - Board configuration - Welcome PM on first Login. Now change this message to what you want to greet your new members. You must always have the PM Sender ID to '2' as this is Admin of the board.
6. Change to your domain name in Cookie Settings and Server Settings on the General tab, making sure you put your domain in place of the demo domain. Remembering also to change to your email address in Email and Settings.
7. Set permissions for users and groups to use the arcade.
Change the Adsense to your own publisher number in 'ad_banner_footer.html' within the stye you are using.
Delete Example post and Modifications posts.
Delete example pictures in Gallery and 'admin' personal Gallery.
Any questions, post them in the relevant forum within the Community.