Request for the next release

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Request for the next release

Post by uk_martin »

Hi

Just a thought. As the Gallery is part of the forum distro from here, can we also have a pre-installed Gallery Block (there is a MOD for just this purpose) for the Portal page in the next release please??

Thanks

Martin
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Request for the next release

Post by LDM »

For the install's Martin, I tried to keep the Board 3 Portal clean as default in case some didn't want all the gallery and arcade blocks all over it.

It would be easier to not have them on install and users add them, than to add them all on install and everyone asking how to take them off front page.

Instead I made a thread for some custom blocks HERE :good:

There also won't be another ModphpBB3 release until 3.2 is out and even then it will be a fresh release of it.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

Hi

Thanks for the link to the blocks thread. I've tried creating blocks for Recent Images from the Gallery and also for the Shoutbox.

Any idea why I'm not getting any thumbnails or images in the gallery block?

Also, any idea why the system thinks that the shoutbox database table is "brummie_phpbb.phpbb_shoutbox"? Certainly that's what it used to be in my old phpBB2 board, (remember that this board is the product of an yupgrade) but the new DB path is brummie_main.phpbb_shoutbox Is there a configuration file somewhere that I can edit?

Thanks

Martin

(by the way, don't worry about the block styles, in the end all the blocks will be the same, and in a new red /yellow style) Can't wait to get onto creating that....
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

Quic edit -

The Shoutbox problems are fixed! Still puzzled by the Gallery Block issue though.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

The sql would have added phpbb_ by default which your database may not have had phpbb_ as prefix which I think explained your shout box issue.

Will have a look at the gallery thumbs, what is the url again? Do I need my sunglasses first :cool: :D
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

Actually, it's a bit more complicated than that....I originally set up modphpbb using a database called "main", whilst also setting up a plain vanilla phpbb3 board for the purposes of converting the data from a phpbb2 board. That one had a DB called phpbb.

After the conversion, etc, which included some file swaps (images etc) for some reason the config.php from the vanilla site mistakenly got copied over to the Modphpbb board, so although the "phpbb" db had all the converted info in it etc, it didn't have all the original tables (e.g. the shoutbox table) A simple bit of work in phpMyAdmin sorted that out. The Modphpbb board is now running off the phpbbdb, and the "main" db has been deleted to prevent future confusion.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

ha ha, no it's not the "bright" site, that's my old phpBB2 site.

The one in question is new development site - www.brummiesfans.com/main

I'm still at the stage of making the machinery work, and filling the fuel tank full of data before I give the new vehicle a fresh paint job.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Spotted it. The thumbs on the gallery, or even, the randon/recent block needs to have the /gallery in. So make sure the portal.php file has the url in as so HERE
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

Yes I can see that the root to the image.php file in the thumbnail / image URL does not include the /gallery element to it, but the code in portal.php is exactly as you have it in your other thread.

Is there something in the /gallery/includes/functions_recent.php file that's at fault because I think that portal.php is finding functions_recent.php, but that file doesn't seem to "find" image.php

I thought that it may have had something to so with the root path needing amending as my installation was in a /main directory, so I tried out a quick change to main/gallery/includes/functions_recent.php in portal.php, resulting in a big error message to say that it couldn't find that file. Going back to the original path and life was restored to the site, so it obviously can find functions_recent.php...but I think that the problem starts at that point, in that something in that file has the wrong or incomplete path in it.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

I've just been to nickvergessen's flying-bits site, and in the download of this block, there is an update to the code, which should now be -

$gallery_root_path = GALLERY_ROOT_PATH;
include($phpbb_root_path . $gallery_root_path . 'includes/functions_recent.' . $phpEx);

$display = array(
'name' => true,
'poster' => true,
'time' => true,
'views' => true,
'ratings' => false,
'comments' => false,
'album' => true,
);
etc etc

This now works for me...

Thanks

Martin
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

hmm, I know there was a bug on the old code for later editions. Did you update the gallery version or using the same one that was on 1.0.5?

I'm glad you sorted it, but sure I used the code on the custom block page here for the demo. I will go and edit it if it is wrong.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

No, no changes to the Gallery files at all. It was just a change in the code that's on your other thread, that gets inserted into portal.php.