olderversion for availible styles

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
ZOMBIE
Forum Member
Forum Member

olderversion for availible styles

Post by ZOMBIE »

i setting up a forum for my 10 year nephew and im wanting to use the the acidtech style which is for 1.0.3-.4

i have currently installed the the latest version but some mods as expected aint behaving how they should.

i have had a browse but cant find an older version of the modphpbb3 so i can run successfully the acidtech style.

can you give me the location of this if its still availible please. thank you :hello:
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: olderversion for availible styles

Post by LDM »

Here it is, but remember with it being a much older version, it really is at your own risk. It would at least be worth updating the phpBB version and add the new captcha changes to the style.

This is 1.0.4 version
 Download Here !!
Being as this is an older version, it would be worth installing the newer version and using the template files from prosilver in the style you want and make the small changes on the look where needed.
ZOMBIE
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ZOMBIE »

although im a experienced forum admin im in no way experienced coder/modder. im struggling myself to get the arcade mod installed on my own forum hence the reason i ended up here a couple of weeks back.

i dont really understand what your on about mate :P . ... all sounds abit complicated lol.

i lack understanding of the styles and as you say swapping template files although sounds easy i wouldnt no where to start. :blush: :blush:

im using this modphpbb as it saves alot of time and aggro and my nephew only being 10 might loose interest in a couple of weeks so didnt want to spend hours messing when you guys pretty much offer it all in one :good:

is it likely that the acidtech style you offer for 1.0.4 will become available anytime soon for the lastest modphp version.

also if i update my phpbb version will that cause bugs/conflics using an older out of date skin ?
also does this apply for the mods ?

thanks for your rapid response :grin:
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

If a style is based around prosilver, add all the files from prosilver template directory into the new style (other than overall header and footer) then use file merging to sort out the header and footer files.

There may be a little more to it than that as you may have to tweak the css too, but that is the majority of it.
ZOMBIE
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ZOMBIE »

i think i struggle with the lingo..

when you say file merging what do you mean ?

do you mean just keep the original header and footer files?

and can i clarify what this would actually acheive. would this update the template ? if so would that mean i then can update the phpbb version? and if this is the case will all the installed mods be compatible ?

i have already noticed a high amount of spambots registering but not activating.

dont mean to sound completely stupid ... honest :D

thanks again in advance for all your help