register erros on new install

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
bigdank
Forum Member
Forum Member

register erros on new install

Post by bigdank »

Hi
i just installed a 1.0.6 portal version and keep getting the same errors.

If i go to register i can see the TOS page but clicking the accept button brings me to a blank page

I cant access the spam counter measures link in ACP either, both errors seem related as captcha is part of register page.

I have reinstalled this version 3 times and gone to the extreme of reinstalling the OS on my VPS and i still get the same error.

in my error log all i am getting is this:

Code: Select all

[Thu Aug 11 03:08:02 2011] [error] [client x.x.x.x] File does not exist: /home/mysite/mysite/home, referer: mysite. info/ucp. php?mode=register
[Thu Aug 11 03:08:02 2011] [error] [client x.x.x.x] File does not exist: /home/mysite/mysite/home, referer: mysite. info/ucp. php?mode=register
my root is /home/mysite/mysite
but the logs are showing an extra /home folder in the path??

What can i be doing wrong, i have reinstalled the DB, reinstalled the simplemath captcha plugin and tried different styles ALL of which fail to fix the issue.

Someone help! :beg:
bigdank
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: register erros on new install

Post by bigdank »

Figured this out.
I found it really wierd that i could not register or access the captcha module via admin.
It seems as though if your php environment is missing the php-bcmath function the captcha in admin wont load because it cant display the examples.

I had debug on and still had no errors showing so this is very hard to troubleshoot.
But for anyone else having blank pages this would be a good place to start.
:blackeye:
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Re: register erros on new install

Post by cisco007 »

thanks for pointing it out! those types of things are hard to figure out since no one know exactly the modules enabled or disabled on peoples host's php version!