how import other phpbb3 sql.

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: how import other phpbb3 sql.

Post by Sewell »

Am getting this together right now, so will post very soon.
logx
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by logx »

anything by now?i need to import phpbb3 to moddedphp3....but how?importing moddedphpbb tables to "default" phpbb3 and copying files from modded to "default"...will it work? :idea:
andyp99
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by andyp99 »

has no-one solved this problem yet.wolt burning boards have a phpbb3 data importer on the lite version and its free.perhaps one of you geniuses can d/l it as its free and customise it for us.i really wanna use one of your modded boards still but until i can import my 1000s of posts and members from my existing board i will have to leave it.there is a portal version that can import my data but i didnt really want one of these.
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sewell »

Sorry I have been meaning to add my instructions for ages now. I converted my board, but just now need to re-step what I done and post it here.
andyp99
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by andyp99 »

no problem mate i am sure you are busy thats why i've been carrying on
as usual and just checking back here now and again .....in hope lol.

Thanks for your time,i will donate some dosh to your worthy cause next week

cya

Andy
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sewell »

uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

andyp99 wrote:Hi,

anyone managed to work out how to impoprt data from a phpbb3 site yet.I have
had to park my Modphpbb3 site as i have 100's of members and thousands of
threads that would need to be transferred if i was to use it.I tried importing via phpmyadmin
but it doesnt work.Any ideas anyone else i'll have to pay someone to put a chatbox on my site
as this was the main reason for getting the modded version as i've been unable to do it myself.
Hi

I need help from one stage further back than this. My database if from phpBB v2 (2.13 to be precise)

I'm quite happy to copy / paste into phpMyAdmin, as long as I can be sure that the database structure is the same.

An importer would be good though.

On another issue, I have an Access database of users to another site that I'd like to switch over to phpBB3. The problem there is that the current site gives access via HTACCESS/HTPASSWD files, which is why I backed everything up in Access in case the data was needed again. Is there any way to either export from Access in an acceptable schema or format that can be used to be imported into phpBB3?

Thanks in advance.

Martin
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

The best bet is to upgrade the forum to phpBB3 first and see the conversion from 2 to 3 is working before looking at any mods or pre-modded phpBB.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

OK...two things then...

1. For my phpBB2 site, I'm going to try to convert the database in a "plain vanilla" phpBB3 installation and see what happens from there.

2. What about formatting data from an Access database into a schema suitable for importing into modphpbb3? Any suggestions on how that can be done? The database is currently one table with columns for Name1, Name2, Membership Number, Expiry Date, UserName, Password, and e-mail address. All members are over 13! I think that there ought to be enough there to fill in the basic profile fields.

Again, any help in imprting this would be appreciated.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

The actual convertion from stock phpBB3 to ModphpBB3 is outdated and the last instructions are for ModphpBB 1.0.4, where as 1.0.5 was released at Christmas.
I am looking to do a new instruction guide very soon and was hoping Sewell who done the last one would be able to update his instructions for 1.0.4 before I looked at it.

You are welcome to use the 1.0.4 and I will help with then getting your forum to the 1.0.5 by adding the new sql tables and supplying the later template files.

If you are running phpBB2, first you need to get it to 3. That is super easy via a convert in the phpBB3 download. There is actually a convert tab. You first install the forum (making sure you login and change the default character limit or long posts won't all convert the text) then re-add the install folder and choose convert. Rebuilfd the seach index and you are done!

It's best to use another directory for the convert/phpBB3, and then move it into the root/forum root when you have seen it all converted.