Chat Mod Help

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
trooper1975
Forum Member
Forum Member

Chat Mod Help

Post by trooper1975 »

Hi,

Everything is good with the forums, except that one particuilar forum user can't post in the chat or shoutbox, it tells him that 'Guests cannot post', yet he's confirmed as a forum user. What could be the issue?

Cheers for any help,

Troops
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Chat Mod Help

Post by Sewell »

That sounds a strange one, are you sure it's showing him as a member in the legend while he is trying to access and use it? Sounds like he isn't logged in! If so, tell him to delete his cookies and cache, and hit delete board cookies at the bottom of the forum.

Also worth checking your admin cookie settings to see they are right.
trooper1975
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by trooper1975 »

It shows him in the legend, and he's able to post in the forums, but not chat in the Ajax Chat and Shoutbox. The cookies settings in the ACP i have left as default as i'm not sure what to change them to, if at all.

Thanks for the help,

Troops
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sewell »

That's a strange one, I'm not sure if permissions are set/valid, let me take a look at my forum and will post back.
trooper1975
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by trooper1975 »

I have four or five guys testing the forums, but only one cannot post in the chat and shoutbox. I'm not sure whether it's a problem on his side, or a problem on the side of the Mod/Forum.

His permissions are set to Full Admin, the same as mine. I tried adding him to a member group (the same group as the other testers), but this didn't work either. He's tried updating his Java, installed IE7, but it's still happening.
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sewell »

It must be something his PC end as it's not actually a permission based setting (chat and shoutbox)

An idea would be, and I'm not sure if you have already looked, but make sure he is a reg user and maybe mod or admin as a default group above.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

Try ACP/Security Settings and reduce the restrictions. It worked great for one of my members who has had alot of problems logging in, staying logged in, and being able to chat. And he's the only one!
trooper1975
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by trooper1975 »

Cheers for that, it worked a treat.

Many, many thanks.

Troops
trooper1975
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by trooper1975 »

Regarding the chat, does anyone know how to cler the chat room without having to individually click on each post?

cheers

Troops
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I think it's just individual though haven't looked fully into it, as may be able to via database.