missing files

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
andyp99
Forum Member
Forum Member

missing files

Post by andyp99 »

i imported the modded sql file
i changed the config file details
i uploaded all files to /forums

i am able to change permissions for755 - store/, cache/, files/, images/avatars/upload/, arcade/gamedata, includes/arcade/games

but i cant find the config file.i saw it being transferred to /forums via my ftp but when i go to file manager in my cpanel it is nowhere to be seen;only the main folders.All the php files i saw being transferred have disappeared.i have also tried to transfer them separately but they just keep disappearing when i use file manager in cpanel.

i am using Modphpbb3_1_0_4 beta

Also what do i direct my browser to in /forums as there usually is an install file.

last week i had no probs setting up a normal phpbb3.0.2 forum with same host and sql database

i am using php version 5.2.6
i am using Mysql version 5.0.51

can anyone point me in the right direction please
trooper1975
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: missing files

Post by trooper1975 »

Instaed of using the File Manager in CPanel, use a third party FTP program such as FlashFXP.

For now, i'll have a look on CPanel and see what i can do from there to help sort your problem out.
trooper1975
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by trooper1975 »

If you are using CPanel X, the files will be displayed in the File Manager. If you are using CPanel earlier versions, then it won't show. The only way you can use CPanel X is if the Admin of your webhosting upgrade.

For now, i suggest using FlashFXP. Google it and download it from their website (it costs you nothing). If you need any help with that program, then post back, and i'll help wherever possible.

Hope that helps,

Troops
andyp99
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by andyp99 »

i used flash fxp to up the files the first time.i just tried everything exactly the same on a different host and same cpanel but it worked this time.The problem may have been that originally my host wanted files to /htdocs but i made a new folder /forums hoping to replace my original phpbb3.0.2 in /htdocs with the premod version if the installation worked by deleting /htdocs and renaming /forums as /htdocs.Now if i delete my original board in /htdocs i hope the premod installs in it ok.Thanks for your time i will let you know if it works ok.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

ModphpBB3 will upload as phpbb3 does as it's really the same thing.

Few things by your post that got me thinking you could try is:
Make sure within ftp or cpanel that 'show hidden files' is on, as that won't hide any of the files uploaded.
On some servers using httpdocs, this is the default root folder, so chances are you are placing it in a folder before that.
andyp99
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by andyp99 »

yes i think its something to do with me not putting the files in the root that caused the probs,thanks for the tips :D