phpBB3 to ModphpBB3 Instructions For 1.0.3/4 Version

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
nascarnut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: phpBB3 to ModphpBB3 Instructions For 1.0.3/4 Version

Post by nascarnut »

I have tried a few mods there all ready. I guess I just don't know what I am doing well enough. I think I will wait a till the instructions come out for the latest version 1.0.5 and do that. 1.0.4 looked easy enough, so I hope the 1.0.5 will be as well. Thanks again for your help.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

If you need help, I have some time later this week. Is your forum established that you want to convert over?
nascarnut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nascarnut »

My forum is set up. It doesn't have to many users or posts yet though. But I would like to keep the ones that are on there. Once there is some instrutions on the process of converting this new version I will give it a go then. I may look you up for some help then. Thank you for the offer. I am not sure on the back up part of my forum. I think I just export my database and then back up my forum via my ftp. I want to make sure I have my back up right before I proceed.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Yep download your full forum to a folder on your hard drive and you can back up the database easy enough in phpBB ACP. A lot of hosts let you back up via hosting CP but always find it easier doing it the first way.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

As these are now outdated instructions for the last ModphpBB3 version, I am unsticking and locking this topic. New instructions coming in the next few days for 1.0.5 version.