portal.php

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: portal.php

Post by LDM »

Good work. The one in your root is conflicting, so if you get any trouble with the install, that would be the reason. Best to put it on a complete new test domain if you are testing it.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

it's working for now, i will keep testing to make sure everything works. Then we'll see about making it live!
Ashley
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ashley »

What is the forum going to be about?
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

I am going to do alot of modding as far as language, but it's gonna be a site where all the friends and relatives from my hometown in mexico, that are scattered all across the US, can hang out and chat and catch up on stuff!
Ashley
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ashley »

Cool idea, good luck with it all :thumbsup:
silent_thunder
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by silent_thunder »

there are pre modded portal available may be you confused this with those!!

I am using the modded phpbb3 beta i have no such file!! Anyway installing a portal is useless. It makes your forum look awkward. Its better to wait and install joomla or drupal brigde once it gets finished. Jfusion is nearly there
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I quite agree about portal's, it just puts an unnecessary area onto a forum. All the content is on the forum anyway, that members or guests will see.

I think it may have been prior to your signing up here silent_thunder, but this site was running Joomla 1.5 and JFusion originally and just put the forum back into the root (as when it started) mainly because of the reason above. There wasn't anything really within the front site that couldn't be done from within a forum.
JFusion worked better than I thought it would, the odd JText error, but it did bridge quite well. It bridged with phpBB3 better than anything else I've seen or used at the moment (exceptions of board3portal obviously). I'd really like to see that wordpress bridge picked up again, far too buggy to even think about just now.