Help^^^^^^^^^^^^

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
unknown25
Forum Member
Forum Member

Help^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post by unknown25 »

ur modded phbb is very gud i think..........but i dont understand the installation guide....all my problems relating guide ar listed below:

1)it is said to upload mysql file to php myadmin??? :?: :?: :?: question wat is php myadmin i dont hav any folder lyk tat....
2)0ther problem is no install folder in upload... :?: :?: so how to install
3)pls provide a better user frendly installation guide....this guide is very tuff for new beginners.....or sum image guide.........

hope everybody wil help me
************************************* :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :arrow:
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post by LDM »

You open a database via your hosting control panel, you will need to ask your hosting company how to do that if you are unsure. To run this or any other forum, you will need access to one Mysql database.

Hit import, in that newly created free database via phpmyadmin function, and select the modded.sql file.

Set those database details in the config.php, save and upload the contents in the upload folder.

Your forum will now be running.

You won't need the install folder as it's done manually this way.
thisizmonster
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Help^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post by thisizmonster »

unknown25 wrote: 1)it is said to upload mysql file to php myadmin??? :?: :?: :?: question wat is php myadmin i dont hav any folder lyk tat....
2)0ther problem is no install folder in upload... :?: :?: so how to install
3)pls provide a better user frendly installation guide....this guide is very tuff for new beginners.....or sum image guide.........
1. phpmyadmin is your Mysql data's control panel. Enter from your host's Control panel (like Servage.net) use your account name and password. Then choose Databases and choose or create new database. Then enter that database and choose import menu. then import sql file.
2. this is modded phpbb3. it means it haven't any install directory. Otherword allready installed. They installed phpbb3 and some mods. then they give you files and sql data :D
3. i think, their installation guide is very simple and understandable.