Need Help

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
LeeUK
Forum Member
Forum Member

Need Help

Post by LeeUK »

I was using modphpBB3 version 4 with no problems but now for some reason I keep getting these errors.

phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 457: session::include_once(./includes/auth/auth_smf.php) [function.session-include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 457: session::include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_smf.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 952: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2987)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 952: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2987)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3639: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2987)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3641: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2987)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3642: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2987)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3643: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2987)

When I try and login to the forum I get:

General Error
Authentication method not found

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Ashley
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Need Help

Post by Ashley »

There looks to be an SMF authorisation. Did you try to convert to or from Simple Machines forum?
LeeUK
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LeeUK »

Ages ago.

When I started using modphpBB I converted from phpBB3 and everything has been working fine for a few weeks. JUst gone like this today.
Ashley
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ashley »

It seems the auth method has been changed. Go into your admin and look on the left menu for Authentication. Change that to db.
LeeUK
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LeeUK »

It won't allow me to login to admin. Keep getting General Error
Authentication method not found
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Ash is right by the sound of it, even though you can't access admin, it seems like your auth method is changed to SMF?

Go into your database via phpmyadmin, click on phpbb_config and browse, look for auth and edit. Change SMF to db, just type db and save.

You will then have to clear board cookies back on the site and login should be good to go again.
LeeUK
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LeeUK »

Many Thanks.

Back working again now.

Thanks for the help.

You might be able to help with something else. I want to upgrade to modphp5 only can find a fresh .sql file, where do I find the update for the database?

Thanks
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

:D Your the first and won't be the last to ask that question.

There will be an update for phpBB3 boards as with 1.0.4 but it will not be yet. There is a portal 1.0.5 coming soon, and it hopefully will follow after that.
LeeUK
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LeeUK »

LDM wrote::D Your the first and won't be the last to ask that question.

There will be an update for phpBB3 boards as with 1.0.4 but it will not be yet. There is a portal 1.0.5 coming soon, and it hopefully will follow after that.
Ok thanks :) good to know that it was not me looking in the wrong place :)

Lee
Warezinout
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Warezinout »

You were right to change from Simple Machines Forum :D