New updated modphpbb3

Post any general problems, information or issues on ModphpBB3 in here.
man128
Forum Member
Forum Member

Status

Post by man128 »

Not to make you rush or put any pressure on you man, I know it can take some time to get this going, especially when you are trying to get us the best modphpbb3 possible!
Just curios, what is the status?
Maybe a week?
Take your time and let the best modphpbb3 rule!
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New updated modphpbb3

Post by LDM »

Yea, sorry I haven't forgotten.

Have been busy shifting over some sites, and getting an invision installed somewhere, so am looking about a week before I get that new version over to you for testing.
old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by old »

Hello.I want to ask you,when are you going to publish the new version of modphpbb3?I am asking because i want to install a new fresh of moddedphpbb3.Thank you.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Working on it this week.

Currently updated to 3.0.1 phpbb version, gallery updated and now with an RSS feed. Mods I'm looking at adding to this updated version will be User reminders, Some better meta tags for seo and a few other bits.
old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by old »

Ok.I will wait until the end of this week.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

phew, the pressure.. :lol:
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

LDM, how difficult is it to update a script like this? I was going to update the gallery but if youve done it in the new release Id rather grab that along with all the other little goodies.
The only other thing Id love to see included is a new chatroom. Any chance you can incorporate http://www.phpfreechat.net/into a future release?
Ive also considered hiring someone to do it for me since just the thought of trying to install a mod or update a script sends me into a cold sweat. If you, or if anyone you know, has the time and ability to do this kind of thing please PM me a price and Ill see if I can handle it. What Ill need is to update my current modphpbb3 with the new one youre coming out with, and the integrating phpfreechat into my boards.
Thank you so much LDM! And btw, if theres anything I can do for you please let me know.
man128
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by man128 »

Thank you LDM, i KNOW that it will indeed be a good release,
Add plenty of mods.....
arcade 0.5.1
instant quick reply,
chat,
on and on .............

We will wait as long as it takes man. :mrgreen:
old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by old »

Ldm,I want to update you that phpBB 3.0.2 Release Candidate 1 released and you must wait to publish the final version and put it in modphpbb3.I think that they will publish it soon.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Thanks for the info old, the new one coming is actually updated with that already (took me bloody ages manually)

Donators should get beta testing zip's of ModphpBB3 1.0.3 maybe this weekend, there's one little bug I have already seen and going to fix. Also need the update to 3.0.2 RC1 phpBB version fully tested.

This version is quality! and the best fully modded phpBB3 if I do say so myself. :lol:
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

LDM wrote:Thanks for the info old, the new one coming is actually updated with that already (took me bloody ages manually)

Donators should get beta testing zip's of ModphpBB3 1.0.3 maybe this weekend, there's one little bug I have already seen and going to fix. Also need the update to 3.0.2 RC1 phpBB version fully tested.

This version is quality! and the best fully modded phpBB3 if I do say so myself. :lol:
Will it have the updated gallery and maybe a better chat? Just wondering. Thanks. :D
man128
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by man128 »

Man o man, Just can't wait for this weekend to try out the beta!!!
Thanks Ldm!
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I will try man128, just one little bug that's annoying I need to sort.

GG, you are making me consider removing that chat option :D Of course gallery is updated on there (wasn't much different anyway) but if you are running older ModphpBB3, the updates are down to you ;) There is a 'Buy LDM a paypal pint fund' if you want help over at your board to install or update (not phpBB version updates though). :D
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

LDM wrote:There is a 'Buy LDM a paypal pint fund' if you want help over at your board to install or update (not phpBB version updates though). :D
Now youre talkin my language LDM! Ill PM you and we'll have a little chat. ;)
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

LDM wrote:GG, you are making me consider removing that chat option :D
Oh wow, just saw this part. Are you saying Im a pest LDM? hehehe No way, dont remove it. Just put in a better one. :lol: Im just messin with ya.
All these scripts, phpfreechat, tufat, gallery update, etc, I can install myself with hardly a problem. Its changing things now that I have members thats freaking me out. I tried the phpfreechat...got it installed great, linked it from my site, styled it, but couldnt get it to read from my database and so it allowed anyone to enter and under a 'guest' nick and blah blah blah. Right now what I have is better than that!
I know Ill love the updated modphpbb3 as much if not more than I do the current one. :D
You rock LDM! Thank you!