Forum Limits

Post any general problems, information or issues on ModphpBB3 in here.
Tris1
Forum Member
Forum Member

Forum Limits

Post by Tris1 »

I was just wondering has anyone ever ha dproblems of too many people accessing a forum at the same time? what limits have people found? I guess it would depend on the server but what kind of level would problems start to hit?
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Re: Forum Limits

Post by cisco007 »

it all depends on the host, whether it's a free or a paid host! many host usually get a mysql database error when too many people try to connect at the same time on a free host!
VoxPopuli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by VoxPopuli »

My host limits to 150 connections max at any given time.
smartuser20
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by smartuser20 »

Tris1 wrote:I was just wondering has anyone ever ha dproblems of too many people accessing a forum at the same time? what limits have people found? I guess it would depend on the server but what kind of level would problems start to hit?
I am on a free host and my limit is 200 users. My site is not that popular so I will probably not have any problems for a while.
Iris1980
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Iris1980 »

I wouldn't know about free hosts but even shared hosts like hostgator have quite high limits. I think the real trouble represents the number of concurrent forum users trying to do stuff at the same time. For example my forum has over 4000 registered users but I've never had more than 30 online at the same time so that was no problem at all.