shoutbox

Post any general problems, information or issues on ModphpBB3 in here.
andyp99
Forum Member
Forum Member

shoutbox

Post by andyp99 »

after reading some of the other sections it would appear there is a shoutbox as well as chatbox.If i click chat then a large chat box appears which i dont really want as it covers the forum,but i have no shoutbox...just a solid blue bar at the bottom of the page with the word shoutbox in it.How do i activate it please.
My site is at:

Code: Select all

http://netsurfer2008.co.cc/
Any help appreciated,thanks Andy
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: shoutbox

Post by LDM »

I can see it fine on your site, so maybe you fixed the problem.
andyp99
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by andyp99 »

with using opera my preferred browser and IE it shows as a solid blue bar.With firefox which i just tried it works perfectly...strange.

And for those who think i've lost the plot here is the view from opera:

and i get the same view from IE ???????
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

It's the first time I've seen this andy, so will check it out. Have you edited the shoutbox files in any way at all?

Is the same still showing as it is on your browser(s) here http://www.modphpbb3.com/modded
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Just tried it with viewing by other browsers, and it seems ok, maybe try overwriting the template files for the shoutbox, or test in subsilver 2 instead to see if the same occurs.
screens.jpg
andyp99
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: shoutbox/db import

Post by andyp99 »

ok i will try that now tho it seems to work perfectly if i view it from firefox.i had a similar prob on a site before viewing it with opera but if worse comes to the worse i will just reinstall it.

BTW i managed today to strip back my phpbb3 forum styles back to only prosilver and subsilver2 styles,export all the data to my modded forum to give all the forums/topics/posts etc.However i was able to log in with my admin names as could the other admins but none of us could access the acp.It was like stuck in a cycle asking us to re-authenticate over and over again.We couldnt log out either as it said something about different session and to see admin if probs continued.Don't know if this info will help anyone who is working on trying to find a way of importing their own tables to their forums,

regards

Andy
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

andy, delete your cookies when it happens and also delete the cookies at the bottom of the board, then once in, check cookie settings.