Fancy Menus - Are they possible?

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Fancy Menus - Are they possible?

Post by uk_martin »

Hi

Are there any fancy (DHTML etc) Menu MODS that anyone knows of that are compatible with the Portal?

In particular, something like the one at www.th23.net would be really Gucci.

If not, is a DIY alternative practical? I have an application that can create DHTML menus, which collapse and expand. If the source code of the DHTMl was edited to insert the PHP values instead of the static links, descriptions etc, then I wonder if it would work. My main concern is about the height of the menu being variable (some sub-menus that I have planned contain many rows) and if it would force the other blocks down, or if it will either overlap the blocks, or worse still appear to be "beneath" the other blocks.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks

Martin
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fancy Menus - Are they possible?

Post by LDM »

I have seen a few menu mods about but in my opion DIY is very practical and generally very easy and further to that, you can have the menu exactly how you want it to look via images and css. I am currently styling a Vbulletin and added a DIY horizontal to it and added the same menu to the wordpress in the root of it, so with a little css, you can do it how you want it to look.