PM'ing Problems

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

PM'ing Problems

Post by GirlieGirl »

Hi LDM,
Remember the problem I had with trying to PM you? Its happening on my site too. Someone PM'd me and I never got it. It also never showed up in their Outbox. They tried again right there while I was in the chatroom with them and nothing.
I tried to PM a few members directly and when I press Submit I get 'No recipient defined'. I get the same msg when I click on 'Find Member' and enter their nick that way. Im attaching a couple screenshots. When I go to a members post and click PM then it goes through fine, although the PM's that were sent to me were sent that way and never arrived. :(
I know everyones permissions are correct and I just double checked them again to be sure.
Help please.
Untitled-1.png
Untitled-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PM'ing Problems

Post by LDM »

I take it you obviously have a name in the field that you have selected?

I will move the post to phpBB3, as you say you get the problem here, though I'm not actually running modphpbb3 on this board.

It seems that maybe something is not being done right as opposed to a bug in phpbb3, as it runs okay here, and will also retest it again in a sec.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

Morning LDM,
Yeah, I had entered the name manually, and then also tried 'Find Member'. Both times the nickname is entered into the field but its after I press submit that it comes back empty with the red error msg on top.
I tried it again here. Just now tried to PM you adding your nick manually and got the same error msg.
How can I fix this please?
Untitled3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I'm not sure as it sounds like a phpBB bug, but I'm sure they would have picked up on it by now.

Let me try and PM you from here and see what you mean.

Edit: Are you writing the name then clicking the 'add' button as you would if posting an attachment inline. What I mean is, it won't send until you actually add, then submit.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

No! I was just entering in the name manually as Ive doing for years.
Youre the best!
Damn LDM, and Im only a bottle blond. Imagine if it was real! :shock: :D
Thank you again!
If you fix me like this one more time Im going to have to send cookies!
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

No worries, although I agree it is iffy having to keep hitting 'add' when you send. The same way it is annoying having to keep putting attachments in line.

Learn something new everyday eh!