open new window when click username

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
Candyman
Forum Member
Forum Member

open new window when click username

Post by Candyman »

How and where can i change it so when a members name is clicked it will open in a new window? :good:
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: open new window when click username

Post by LDM »

Whereabouts, board-wide or just in the topics?
Candyman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Candyman »

board-wide would be nice :)
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I am not 100% sure it is that easy. Check out a mod called 'Prime Links' over at phpBB and also check any contrib folder on the download, as got a feeling primehalo made it possible for other link formats to open in new windows too (as opposed to just topics and post links)

See what is missing after installing that and we can work it out. For instance, it may be easy enough to target=_blank on the author call in viewtopic profiles as a start.
Candyman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Candyman »

Thanks, just installed this mod. There is a user website format in the contrib folder that i have also done.

Code: Select all

href="{memberrow.U_WWW}"
In-line Add after

Code: Select all

{EXTERNAL_LINK_TARGET}
On testing on my forum the user websites in all areas still open in the same window? I'll have a look at the other files in the contrib folder.
Candyman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Candyman »

Sadly this MOD does not seem to want to open anything in a new window. I'm using the latest version of phpbb3 and wonder if this MOD is out of date?
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

no it is not out of date, i am using it in about three sites running the newest version of phpbb, and it works perfectly!
Candyman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Candyman »

cisco007 wrote:no it is not out of date, i am using it in about three sites running the newest version of phpbb, and it works perfectly!
Ahhh right ok, well i'm not sure why it wont work on my board then? maybe another mod is stopping that 1 from working correctly? it's a very quick simple mod and i've checked everything several times, so i'm unsure why that wont work?
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

without really knowing what the mods that you have installed, it would be hard to really know the problem! and maybe a link to your site, to check it out!
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

As far as I am aware, Prime Links only opens posted links in new window, but I as sure there were some other edits in a contrib for other links in forum.

Remember to refresh template cache after any changes you do the files.

Just wondered why you wanted the usernames in new windows, wouldn't that get annoying having masses of tabs/windows open.