Spam & Permissions

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
RedElectro
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spam & Permissions

Post by RedElectro »

Hi...
For some reason I'm currently being inundated with Spam on my board. I'm talking 300 new "members" in a couple of months. I've recently changed the admin settings so that I have to approve every new member, so I might be able to live with this for now, but due to the amount of spam, another problem has materialized...

Posts made by the spammers need to be approved by moderators (or myself) before they'll appear on the board, but when any of us try to disallow a post the forum displays the message "you are not authorised to view this area" !

I've looked through all the permissions in the ACP and we (admin & moderators) are all set up to perform the required tasks. Permissions all seem to be set up correctly.

Saying that I also have Captcha set up when new users register and that doesn't seem to be working (stopping spammers) either!

Any ideas?

Cheers.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spam & Permissions

Post by LDM »

I recommend trying the Maths Captcha mod, its pretty good at stopping them. There are quite a few good add-on's at phpBB.com Mods database for this sort of thing.