Showing a members location

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Showing a members location

Post by GirlieGirl »

When I hover my mouse over a members nick in the 'who was here' list it tells me what time they logged in. Is there anyway for the same type of information box to appear for folks who are currently online and then tell where they are? Such as: Arcade, Recipe Forum, Chat, etc?

Oh, one small thing. It seems the Arcade icon and the UCP icon are one in the same by code. I cant seem to change one without changing the other. How can I fix that so I can make them both different?

Thank you!
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Showing a members location

Post by Sewell »

That isn't available in phpBB and would be quite a big mod to do, though does sound a very good idea.

There is though in phpBB 3 database releases, a mod that tells you what topics users are in on Who's online page which gets you halfway to what you want. :D

The Arcade icon can be changed within the overall_header.html for your style.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

Sewell wrote:That isn't available in phpBB and would be quite a big mod to do, though does sound a very good idea.

There is though in phpBB 3 database releases, a mod that tells you what topics users are in on Who's online page which gets you halfway to what you want. :D

The Arcade icon can be changed within the overall_header.html for your style.
Thanks for your response about the members location.
I know the overall_header.html is the file I need to change the icons but the UCP icon is being used for the Arcade and I dont know how to change it w/o screwing it up.
<li class="icon-ucp"><a href="{U_ARCADE}" title="{L_ARCADE_EXPLAIN}">{L_ARCADE}</a></li>
See? icon_ucp for the arcade. If I change the arcade icon the ucp icon changes to the same one.
Thanks again Sewell.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

GG!!

The define for the icon will be in your theme too.

Have you a new icon you are looking to add in it's place or just going with a different one?
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

Hi LDM, I want to insert a whole new set of icons.
The define is in my themes too? Whatcha mean?
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

GirlieGirl wrote:Hi LDM, I want to insert a whole new set of icons.
The define is in my themes too? Whatcha mean?
Bump
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sewell »

This is the part to change your icon in that line you specified:

Code: Select all

"icon-ucp"
within overall_header.html

To add more images, you need to add them to colours.css around line 680 to this block:

/* Icon images
---------------------------------------- */
.sitehome						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_home.gif"); }
.icon-faq						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_faq.gif"); }
.icon-contact					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_contact.gif"); }
.icon-members					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_members.gif"); }
.icon-home						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_home.gif"); }
.icon-ucp						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_ucp.gif"); }
.icon-register					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_register.gif"); }
.icon-logout					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_logout.gif"); }
.icon-bookmark					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_bookmark.gif"); }
.icon-bump						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_bump.gif"); }
.icon-subscribe					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_subscribe.gif"); }
.icon-unsubscribe				{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_unsubscribe.gif"); }
.icon-pages						{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_pages.gif"); }
.icon-search					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_search.gif"); }
There may be more areas to add the images, but at work just now so my mind is not running phpBB :D

Try the above, but keep the icons smallish.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

You are the boss! Thank you so much. Im going to give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks again. :D
Sewell
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sewell »

Hardly Bruce Springsteen worthy, but anyway.. :D
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

GirlieGirl wrote:You are the boss! Thank you so much. Im going to give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks again. :D
Ok, Ive demoted you. It didnt work. I think LDM should start a new category for me called ModphpBB3's Problem Child. ;)
It was really late last night when I was working on this and I got all my icons changed, no problem. But what I wasnt able to do was add new ones, ie, seperate ucp and arcade etc.

In colours.css I found the lines:
.icon-faq { background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_faq.png"); }
And added
.icon-arcade { background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_arcade.png"); }
And then in the overall_header.html I I changed:
<li class="icon-ucp"><a href="{U_ARCADE}"
To;
<li class="icon-arcade"><a href="{U_ARCADE}"

I did this for a few of the icons and then uploaded colours.css, overall_header.html and my new icons images and Im attaching a pic of what happened. It seems the icons repeated themselves in the little space available and also slipped in underneath the link text. I tried it with Links, Chat, and Arcade and they all screwed up the same way.
links.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Prosilver needs some time to catch up on your browser :D , clear your cookies and cache.
Looks fine for me, just checked.

See:
ggforum.jpg
Good work Girl.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

Whoops! Not so fast hehehe. Those icons are correct only because I havent been able to seperate them, like the ucp from the arcade icons yet. If you log in youll see how they are both the same still. Same with FAQ and Links...see how they are the same? I want them different and thats when everything messes up.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I just had a look, then read all the posts on the page before. You need to make changes in buttons.css too ;)

/* Icon images
---------------------------------------- */
.sitehome, .icon-faq, .icon-contact, .icon-members, .icon-home, .icon-ucp, .icon-register, .icon-logout,
.icon-bookmark, .icon-bump, .icon-subscribe, .icon-unsubscribe, .icon-pages, .icon-search {
	background-position: 0 50%;
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	background-image: none;
	padding: 1px 0 0 17px;
}
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

Oooohhhh! Alrightie then, Ill give that a shot tonight and Ill bet I get it. Thank you LDM!
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by GirlieGirl »

Got it! :D :D :D
Thank you!!!