Why no link to us?

Get Announcements on ModphpBB3 in here. Please do not post questions regarding ModphpBB3 in here.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why no link to us?

Post by LDM »

I'm amazed at how many forums using modphpbb3 are removing the footer link. The phpBB link is always left in, so why take out this one? We go through hours of modding a standard phpBB3 so all new forums are fully modded within minutes of installing your new forum(s). How much work (if you are good at installing) are you saving?

All the mod authors are fully respected with full credit wherever on the mod they have their links, they put the time and effort into these mods for everyone to use, so they always will be left within every modphpbb3!

So leaving all their links over your board, but yet removing the link back to our site is a little disrespectful.

From now on anyone asking questions or gaining help without a link on their forum will be directed elsewhere.

..Rant over!
GirlieGirl
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Why no link to us?

Post by GirlieGirl »

OOoooo, I love a good rant!
Well, I can understand although I dont think its right, as to why credits/links are removed.
I got my credit and link up for ModphpBB3 and highly appreciate not only the great script but all the support Ive received from LDM and this site.
Give credit where credit is due!
loz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by loz »

Nice rant LDM!

Agree entirely with it. I could have built a conservatory in the time you have saved me by providing modphpbb3 meaning I don't have to do them personally. Leaving the link in is a common courtesy and a bit patheitc that people actually go out of their way to remove it.

(p.s. I didn't build a conservatory, seemed like too much hard work at the time)
daffynash
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by daffynash »

I will keep your link, and i will add you on my "linked sites" place... I like your job. Thank you and keep going! :good:
nextgen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nextgen »

Buddy i agree as well. Not only do i leave your link up but i added your banners as well in all areas, header, footer and under posts. Do not get discouraged buddy. You could code it so that if your link is removed the site is disabled. Has been done many times but remember this is a GNU project. :D
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

Same here, I never remove them it's like taking out the tag on the mattress. I even put links to this site anywhere i can on my site. So keep up the good work!
Daggers
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Daggers »

Talking about links, I would like to advertise your site on my own because I like the work you have done but I cannot find a logo graphic of about 80 x 31 pixels which will work on my main links mod.

Have you got one or should I just use your main header and shrink it down.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Cheers Daggers, any link back here is always handy as it spreads the word about us.

Here you go, many thanks: