Simple Prosilver Tab Menu

Tips & Tricks to use on your phpBB3 Forum.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Simple Prosilver Tab Menu

Post by LDM »

Open: styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html

Find :

Code: Select all

<div class="navbar">
Add before :

<div id="tabs">
       <ul>
          <li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'index.php' or basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'viewforum.php' or basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'viewtopic.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_INDEX}"><span>{L_INDEX}</span></a></li>
          <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --><li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'search.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_SEARCH}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
          <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'memberlist.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_MEMBERLIST}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
          <li<!-- IF basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'faq.php' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_FAQ}</span></a></li>
       </ul>
    </div>
Edit: Due to code changes in version phpBB 3.0.4, this code is now outdated and will not work in 3.0.4 or above.
You should always run the most up to date version of phpBB3.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Re: Simple Prosilver Tab Menu

Post by cisco007 »

nice one this is what I have on my site, I wish somebody had this on their site before, it tooks me months before I knew how to do this! :amen:
romel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by romel »

its says : Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(' in /mnt/w0900/d35/s06/b02f9cb3/www/mydomain.net/forum/cache/tpl_prosilver-se_overall_header.html.php on line 135

can you please help?
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

did you refresh the template, and clear the cache in your ACP? :confused:
SFGolfer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by SFGolfer »

romel wrote:its says : Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(' in /mnt/w0900/d35/s06/b02f9cb3/www/mydomain.net/forum/cache/tpl_prosilver-se_overall_header.html.php on line 135
I am getting the same parsing error. It references the first line after <ul>.

I have cleared the cache and reset the template/theme via ACP. No luck. The forum returns to normal once the lines are taken out.
SFGolfer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Simple Prosilver Tab Menu [SOLVED]

Post by SFGolfer »

nedu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nedu »

It does not work at all!
Has some fatal errors and the forum goes down.
If you are looking to disable your forum this is one of the easyest way, and a sure one, of course. :grin:
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

What do you mean it don't work I have it installed in about three board, and not a single error in either one!
nedu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nedu »

cisco007 wrote:What do you mean it don't work I have it installed in about three board, and not a single error in either one!
Like I wrote.
If I am inserting that lousy code exactly where is explained I can consider the forum dead and burried.
If I am removind that code lines, the forum works fine.
So, what can I conclude? That the code lines are a miracle?
It does not work at all and is time consuming even to think of it.
I strongly recommand to not try to deal with this so called upgrade.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

sorry for trying to help, didn't know you were going to get upset. Don't know what you are doing wrong! :bye: I am out of this topic! :cry:
nedu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nedu »

cisco007 wrote:sorry for trying to help, didn't know you were going to get upset. Don't know what you are doing wrong! :bye: I am out of this topic! :cry:
What else to do?
I have spent two hours with 5 code lines.
Even on this forum there are posts saying that is not working.
No way to make it to work.
So, I have installed a simple & nice ProNight Style and I will try to forget about inserting
menus and some other things.
Just think of this: I am looking for 5 days a MOD or a way to change the upper banner and nothing
to find for 3.04. Nothing functional, only stories like that one with Simple Prosilver tab Menu.
what you would do? And what do I have to do?
Only to leave it alone. Nobody wants to explain. even if you have to consider that I have donated here
and I have promissed to donate more.
Or they do not need money or do not know to explain clearly the steps of every modification.
Anyway, thank you for your helping hand.
nedu
PS
http://www.romsdc.ro/forum is my forum, is about selfdefense but so far is only in Romanian
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

nedu, let me try it out on a test board and will edit the first post again to make it work right.

I will test it on ProNight so you can see what it looks like.
nedu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nedu »

LDM wrote:nedu, let me try it out on a test board and will edit the first post again to make it work right.

I will test it on ProNight so you can see what it looks like.
OK,
I have installed ProNight but I am not using it. It is gorgeous but I cannot implement there the feature that
is bringing the bigger image in an over-layer.
In prosilver is working fine but I cannot fix the codes to work and in ProNight.
If you know some triks I will pay for them :D

regards
nedu
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I can confirm the tab menu in this thread will not work on the later 3.0.4 version of phpBB3 because the code is now outdated.

This code calls

$_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']
when the updated version should call

<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == "file_name" -->
I will edit the first post and look over the next few weeks to get it running on 3.0.4.

What changes are you looking to add to ProNight, I'm not sure I understand what you mean.