Style request or tips

Current styles for phpBB3 edited for use on ModphpBB3.
zui
Forum Member
Forum Member

Style request or tips

Post by zui »

Well, I want to make this style fully compatible with modphpbb3: http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/AeroBlack

If possible, also the other Aero series.

If no one really wants to do it, I'd appreciate help in terms of which files to edit and where to change.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Style request or tips

Post by LDM »

It's actually easier than thought. Use the prosilver files (modded ones) and make the changes to that styles overall_header and overall_footer.html using winmerge. Also compare the css files with the same program copying over changes to the styles files. Should take around 30-40 mins.
zui
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zui »

So I should compare the modded version of prosilver to unmodded and then make changes to the skin that I need?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I would install the style, then overwrite most of the html files with the modded prosilver then add changes to the new styles overall_header and overall_ footer. Then compare the css files and copy over the changes from the modded files to the css on the normal style you choose. It should only be images mainly and maybe some new css add's. Also remember to compare the imageset files too and copy over the images that the style doesn't have (upload button for one)

Basically just overwrite the files and add the bits you need. If the style is based on prosilver already, 70% of the work is done.

Give us a shout if you need any help.
zui
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zui »

LDM wrote:I would install the style, then overwrite most of the html files with the modded prosilver then add changes to the new styles overall_header and overall_ footer. Then compare the css files and copy over the changes from the modded files to the css on the normal style you choose. It should only be images mainly and maybe some new css add's. Also remember to compare the imageset files too and copy over the images that the style doesn't have (upload button for one)

Basically just overwrite the files and add the bits you need. If the style is based on prosilver already, 70% of the work is done.

Give us a shout if you need any help.

I tired the steps you've pointed out but I'm not sure which files you meant by most of the html files...which don't I need? Also, I just got a general error and a blank page after that...maybe there is a better way?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I will have a look at the style zui.
zui
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zui »

I've tried to change more things but it just doesn't seem to work. I always get a blank page.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I think that style is a tough one to copy the edits into that simply.

Is it based on prosilver or subsilver 2?