General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
Ghostface
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ghostface »

Hi, on this site you have the avatar showing for whoever logs in.. how can i get this on my board?? and is it hard to add on??

Thanks
Ghostface
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Re: Avatar Mod

Post by cisco007 »

are you talking about the avatar that shows on the who is online on the index?
Ghostface
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ghostface »

yes, thats the one.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

don't know if this is the exact edits that LDM has on here, but these is what i have! Remember that this edits are for a clean file with no mods, if you have any mods around the same area you will have to work around them!
first:
Open index.php
Find:

Code: Select all

'NEWEST_USER'   => sprintf($user->lang['NEWEST_USER'], get_username_string('full', $config['newest_user_id'], $config['newest_username'], $config['newest_user_colour'])),
Add after, on a new line:

'USER_AVATAR'                    => get_user_avatar($user->data['user_avatar'], $user->data['user_avatar_type'], $user->data['user_avatar_width'], $user->data['user_avatar_height']),

Open styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html
Find:

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_ONLINE_LIST -->
   <!-- IF U_VIEWONLINE --><h3><a href="{U_VIEWONLINE}">{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}</a></h3><!-- ELSE --><h3>{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}</h3><!-- ENDIF -->
   <p>{TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE} ({L_ONLINE_EXPLAIN})<br />{RECORD_USERS}<br /> <br />{LOGGED_IN_USER_LIST}
   <!-- IF LEGEND --><br /><em>{L_LEGEND}: {LEGEND}</em><!-- ENDIF --></p>
<!-- ENDIF -->
Replace with:

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_ONLINE_LIST -->
   <!-- IF U_VIEWONLINE --><h3><a href="{U_VIEWONLINE}">{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}</a></h3><!-- ELSE --><h3>{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}</h3><!-- ENDIF -->
<table><tr><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN and USER_AVATAR --><td valign="top" style="padding-right:6px;">{USER_AVATAR}</td><!-- ENDIF --><td>
<p>{TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE} ({L_ONLINE_EXPLAIN})<br />{RECORD_USERS}<br /> <br />{LOGGED_IN_USER_LIST}
    <!-- IF LEGEND --><br /><em>{L_LEGEND}: {LEGEND}</em><!-- ENDIF --></p>
   </td></tr></table>
<!-- ENDIF -->
Ghostface
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ghostface »

The only mods i have are the default avatar code working,and a couple of BBCodes for YT and Spoilers... hopefully this should work...
Ghostface
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ghostface »

Are these code edits to be done in the skin i have in use? i dont have any templates for prosilver i can see.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

yeah, i mean any mods that involved doing edits to the index_body.html!
and yes, to the style you have in use, if you are not using prosilver just look for those edits and it should work!
Ghostface
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ghostface »

Ok,ill give it a try...
Ghostface
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ghostface »

Brilliant!! Top notch!!! Worked good!! http://www.Ghostface.co.uk/forum

Finally a mod that works! and easy to install,second mod today!

Many thanks Cisco007...i have one question left, where can i get the "Mood Status" thats in use here? and is that easy to install too?? :grin:
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/p ... od_swings/ that is what you are looking for, don't really know, i installed it a while back but don't remember how hard it was to install!
Ghostface
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ghostface »

Thanks,,, looking at it its a long process.. may have a look tomorrow.. How do you "Thank" on here??
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

LDM, probably doesn't have the Thanks Mod edits done for this style!
Ghostface
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ghostface »

Well thanks for the help!!
Ghostface
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ghostface »

Hi, i have a different skin installed as of the last few days, called N.Design, there is also N.Design 2, which allows me to have the mod i was on about here all that time ago, however the first N.Design is the skin im using and it refuses to let me have the mod, both are based on Subsilver but only the one that i dont use will let me have the avavtar showing on the main index.. I dont need to be messing around with my modified skin again as it took me 3 nights to get it how it is... is there any help anyone here can give me on this?? ?
I have a test board, but if i install both N.Design themes it confuses the board.. and imagesets are sometimes read off opposite folders... Which again is strange.. the N.Design 2 is templated differently, and i prefer to stick 'with the original one if i can after all the work i did on it.
Please help.. again..:)