phpBB3 to ModphpBB3 1.0.5 Conversion Instructions

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
fikse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: phpBB3 to ModphpBB3 1.0.5 Conversion Instructions

Post by fikse »

LDM wrote:I am not sure why some are getting some errors. When I tested it, it seemed to go through trouble free. Maybe an issue with cookies?
Yes it is strange. I tried to do everything as clean and straightforwrad as possible, had a clean phpbb3 without any mods, standard style, etc etc. Emptied for cookies etc before starting the upgrade. Im absolutely not an expert, but your (and others) instructions for the upgrade was quite straight forward...
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I will have another test with the convert files in this thread and see if I get any errors.
cubic
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cubic »

hi, i got this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare split_sql_file() (previously declared in /home/arxdeusc/public_html/forum/install_gallery/install_functions.php:97) in /home/arxdeusc/public_html/forum/includes/functions_install.php on line 519
cubic
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cubic »

hmm...actually, would this be related to having installed nukedgallery before?
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

I've run into a road block. I've followed (stumbled through) these instructions, but my page just displays:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'xxx_zzz.phpbb_portal_config' doesn't exist [1146]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
The "plain vanilla" phpBB3 was quite happy, and I've checked MySQL, and that table does exist.

As all I want to do is to convert the Users, User Groups, Gallery and the forum content, wouldn't it be simpler if we knew just which tables from the standard phpBB3 database we need to make a data dump of and then to insert the data into the ready and waiting ModphpBB3 forum? More like a backup and restore type operation.

Any thoughts on this option?

Thanks

M
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Martin - You need to run the portal install sql in the first topic and this way is definitely easier.

cubic - haven't seen that error before. Are the gallery tables in the database?

If anyone is looking to convert, maybe let me have ftp access and I will do it so it is fully tested again on a live board.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

Thanks, I'd overlooked that second zip file.

OK, I can now get into the Portal, and from there I can get into ACP. HOWEVER clicking the Board Index link at the top of the ACP page gives me a page with the following error message:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'brummie_phpbb.phpbb_chat' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_chat ORDER BY message_id DESC LIMIT 25

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 221
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: shout.php
LINE: 54
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 47
CALL: include('shout.php')
Any idea why this should be? Better still, how it can be fixed?

By the way, the "Upgrade.sql" file may be at fault here. I did try to run it, but MySQL kept returning errors about "this table already exists" and stuff like that. Could that be linked, and can a more install-friendly upgrade.sql file be produced?

Thanks

Martin
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

It looks like it's an extra phpbb_ when you run the query, try re-running it without the phpbb_
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

brummie_phpbb is the name of the database
phpbb_chat should have been a table in that database BUT it wasn't there. Surely it should have been?

I've done a MyPHP "transplant" from my test site (which doesn't contain any non-transferable data anyway) of the Chat and Chat Sessions tables. That at least got the Chat working (which to this point I hadn't got round to testing) but in testing out the link to Board Index I then got another error, basically saying that there was no "php_announcement_center" table in the database. Another transplant was done to sort that out.

It was a bit of a concern that there were three database tables "went missing" in the conversion process, but at least things have now been sorted out.

M
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Martin, my first thought is your tables haven't got phpbb_ at the start, so need to remove the phpbb_ when running the queries.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

I wasn't encountering the errors when running queries as such. They occurred when clicking on the "Board Index" link, either in the main menu or in the link in the top right of the ACP.

It came down to 3 or 4 tables that the Index.php checks for, not being in the database, which I'd have thought that the upgrade db schema would have put in there. But anyway, as I had a similar database from a fresh install, I was able to cut/paste these db tables across in myPHP to solve the issue.

It's all part of the game I suppose....still I've now got the users converted across, the images in the gallery, and the posts/threads are in the forums, and on with further modification to get this onto a like-for-like footing with the existing phpbb2 forum that I want this to replace.

My next task is in converting /inserting some BBcode that the old forum used that is embedded in the syntax, that I need this new BB to recognise...

Oh, and is there any way that the "Welcome Message"section of the forum can be made to parse HTML tags as well as BBcode please?

Thanks

Martin
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Welcome message? Do you mean the announcements or in Board 3's welcome part? I don't think there is the option for html.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

Yeah, that's the one...the HTML option not being there is a big drawback.

I'm still struggling with getting enough BBCode alignment options to work correctly to replace the HTML that the old phpbb2 board welcome message had.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Really, I thought that announcement mod was quite good the way BBCode can be entered into it. You could always add an image with the text and graphics if not.

As far as conversion goes, I did one last night for a member and the instructions seem fine.
Converted from phpBB3 via the install on first page: http://forum.skool.com

Although I can accept maybe some servers are set up a lot different and there could be errors on some running the install scripts.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

I've got my BBCode for the image alignment sorted out now. It needed the BBCode to look for the "float" style to enable the script to wrap around the image, so all is now well.

There's a border around the image at the moment which I don't want there, but I assume that this is a CSS issue, so when I get round to creating a theme for the site, I'll address that issue then.