Portal Customisation

Post any general problems, information or issues on ModphpBB3 in here.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Portal Customisation

Post by uk_martin »

Is there any way in which the blocks in the portal can easilly be moved from the right column to the left (or vice versa) and up / down the column, so that the Admin has full control over the layout and appearance?

I've seen it done in phpNuke, but here all I've found so far is the ability to hide / display a block.

Thanks in advance.

Martin
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Portal Customisation

Post by LDM »

Yep, if you go to the potal in admin and choose the blocks, there will be an option in there.

For the custom blocks (some posted at this forum http://www.modphpbb3.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=877) you can add them and move them via the portal/portal_body.html file.
uk_martin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by uk_martin »

LDM wrote:Yep, if you go to the potal in admin and choose the blocks, there will be an option in there.

For the custom blocks (some posted at this forum http://www.modphpbb3.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=877) you can add them and move them via the portal/portal_body.html file.
I have a list of blocks which I can turn on or off under "General Settings". Maybe some future development can give up/down and left column/right column controls in addition to the on/off control? It works really well in phpNuke, and would be a welcome addition I think.

I'm happy enough to edit the template (which is what I did to the tpl files in phpBB2 anyway) so no worries about that.

Thanks for your help
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Yes you can actually move the current blocks you have via the portal/portal_body.html file if you wanted to shift them around. It's quite easy as the code is all in blocks on the file and seperated by columns.