Questions Regarding Basic Modifications

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
seventh-gear
Forum Member
Forum Member

Questions Regarding Basic Modifications

Post by seventh-gear »

Hello All,

I am setting up my board for the first time (http://www.seventh-gear.com/board/) and have a couple of basic questions. I'm using the 'Pro Night' theme. I know how to get in and modify the theme, but I don't understand much about style sheets, and would like to know how to do the following:

1) Left-justify the white background and the entire board on the page (it's currently centered).

2) Top-justify the white background and the entire board on the page. Currently there is a padded gap at the top of about 25 pixels.

3) Compeltely remove the 'star background' graphic that's at the top, and have all the other content move upward so the gap at the top remains the same.

Thanks in advance!!

Eric
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions Regarding Basic Modifications

Post by LDM »

Hello Eric

Looking at your board there, it seems to be in an iframe. This probably isn't too good in terms of search engines and may be better to add the forum to a sub-directory and style it with the same look as your main site in the root (if you have one?)

The two banners you have currently on the outer frame could easily be put on to the board header.

Just a thought that may be easier and look better.