forum presets

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
abdul rehman
Forum Member
Forum Member

forum presets

Post by abdul rehman »

hi,
how can i create presets for recreating a bunch of forum with its set permission?

why i want to do that?
for every new project, a project forum{type-category} with its sub-departments forum{type-forums} are created(which is about 5 category and 12 departments with its set permision). If I tried to redo this for every new project. It will take alot of time. And so i want to do that.

Any help ?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: forum presets

Post by LDM »

Hello

Are you using different domains for forums (of which you want to create the same permissions) or do you mean the same set permissions in each category at one forum?
abdul rehman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by abdul rehman »

I mean The same set permissions in each category at one forum
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Just copy the permissions over from one when setting up a new forum/category in ACP.
perms.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
abdul rehman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by abdul rehman »

I got that permission thingy ! But, what about making preset for forum creation.
As I mentioned above "create presets for recreating a bunch of forum".
I'll re explain : Suppose i have created 1forum named "projectDelta" and 12 subforum init named as ''<department name>" init. Now "projectDelta" is over and it is locked and backedUp. And new project came "projectAlpha" and 12 subforum with same ''<department name>" init. Now! without any preset feature it would be difficult for me to recreate same 12 subforums. It needs to be there in every new project. Infact all the projects are the collection of these 12 subforums only and nothing else.

Any help :) please.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Ahh you are just looking for a short cut then.

I don't think there is anything in place on phpBB that will do that. May be worth seeing if there is a modification but can't think of one off hand.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

I have not seen any mods like that either, there is a reason why there isn't one, for now you will just have to do it manually!
abdul rehman
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by abdul rehman »

:( Can i get this last reply of 5 questions ? please !

1-- :( In the near future are there any possibilities for creating MOD for this "forum presets" option ?
2-- Also can i request of creating such a MOD ?
3-- hi 'cisco007' why you said like that "there is a reason why there isn't one,". Cause I have no idea about forum in depth and i want to learn.
4-- Or else can i get a link where i can lean how to create MOD. So that I can do it myself ?
5-- is there any alternative way for that ?