Forum Images

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Forum Images

Post by cisco007 »

Does anyone know how or where I can find the mod to show icons next to the forum description on forum index? I have seen it on other site, and I was wondering if there was a mod for it, or just some edit. Anyone know?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Images

Post by LDM »

cisco, it's an option when you set up or edit a forum in admin. You can upload the images to /images on the server for example and add the URL to the field.

Demo pic:
forumimagedemo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

sorry, that's not what i meant, there is another option underneath it where you click on it, and it shows you the images while you are still at the edit forum on ACP! I saw it somewhere else before but don't know where!
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

hmm, not too sure what that one is then. Adding an image there will add it next to the forum icons on the index page.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

it looks something like this!
12-29-2008 10-57-01 PM.png
it's another option under the forum image, you click on "Show Forum Images" and the images shows up for you to choose the image! this is from my friends, board but he says it was a mod someone installed on his board!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Ah I see, I think that was a mod in development on phpbb.com but I can't seem to see it now.
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

OH well i guess i will wait to see if it comes up again!
Ashley
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ashley »

Is that mod just offering an easier way to add pictures compared to adding them by URL as it is default or does it do something totally different?
cisco007
Staff
Staff

Post by cisco007 »

it's almost the same, the only thing is now you have a preview of the image, and if you click on it it gives you the url so you don't have to remember the url for each image!
Ashley
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ashley »

I see, thanks for clearing that up. I guess it makes things easier so you can see what you add before.