phpBB3 to ModphpBB3 Instructions For 1.0.3/4 Version

Having trouble installing ModphpBB3 - Post any questions or issues in here.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: phpBB3 to ModphpBB3 Instructions

Post by LDM »

Have you still got the original config file from your forum in place? I know it's a silly question but you said you uploaded everything but config?
johnd
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by johnd »

i had the same probs when converting from an already running board so had to leave the gallery.I didn't find any way around it either.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Just to note, these are instructions from the older 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 versions.

These won't work with the new 1.0.5.
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dannypritchett01 »

I have a forum that was running Version 3.0.0 Stock Version. I currently downloaded the latest beta of your modphpbb3 project and installed it over my old stock version. When I did so everything was deleted such as posts, users, etc. I was lucky enough to have made a backup before hand. I am wanting to keep all my posts, users and stuff but upgrade to your modded version 3.0.4, I tried just adding the users by sql queries but I kept getting an error. I was going to do the same thing for the posts and forums. I now have like 4 or 5 database backups. For some reason my controlpanel isnt wanting to load the sql files because they are so big or something. I also have an auction "phpprobid" running that integrates with the forums so I cant lose that info either. I was going to try the upgrade but I didnt get it working. Im gonna try again later today as its 1:33am and im sleepy. Would their be a way to install the modded version and just import my users, posts, and forums? I can set the rest back up myself.
themandimi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by themandimi »

LDM wrote:Just to note, these are instructions from the older 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 versions.

These won't work with the new 1.0.5.
read this danny... had the same problem for a mo :)
dannypritchett01
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dannypritchett01 »

Read that over and over. Thats why I did a fresh install of it and then was trying to import the users from the old forum in. Didnt work either darn way. Tried using the exported sql after the fresh install to overwrite my old forums sql entries and still nothing. Was hoping someone could help get it fixed.
nascarnut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nascarnut »

Thanks for the great tutorial on this. Nice job
I was wondering if there is anyway to just back up my users and all the posts and then export that to my ModphpBB3. I put on the latest 1.0.5
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Thats actually a much harder way to go. It is best to run the mods onto your current board (backing up beforehand) but remember this is for the older 1.0.4 version.
nascarnut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nascarnut »

LDM wrote:Thats actually a much harder way to go. It is best to run the mods onto your current board (backing up beforehand) but remember this is for the older 1.0.4 version.
Well I haven't had much luck doing the mods myself. Where would be a good place to get the mods along with good install instructions.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: phpBB3 to ModphpBB3 Instructions For 1.0.3/4 Version

Post by LDM »

If you are looking for seperate modifications, phpbb.com is the one.

You can update your default forum to ModphpBB3 1.0.4 by using the older download I posted in a thread yesterday and follow the instructions Sewell posted at the start of this thread. After, make sure you update the gallery and arcade to the current versions.

If you are looking for instructions for 1.0.5, it will follow hopefully within the next week. :good:
nascarnut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nascarnut »

I have tried a few mods there all ready. I guess I just don't know what I am doing well enough. I think I will wait a till the instructions come out for the latest version 1.0.5 and do that. 1.0.4 looked easy enough, so I hope the 1.0.5 will be as well. Thanks again for your help.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

If you need help, I have some time later this week. Is your forum established that you want to convert over?
nascarnut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nascarnut »

My forum is set up. It doesn't have to many users or posts yet though. But I would like to keep the ones that are on there. Once there is some instrutions on the process of converting this new version I will give it a go then. I may look you up for some help then. Thank you for the offer. I am not sure on the back up part of my forum. I think I just export my database and then back up my forum via my ftp. I want to make sure I have my back up right before I proceed.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Yep download your full forum to a folder on your hard drive and you can back up the database easy enough in phpBB ACP. A lot of hosts let you back up via hosting CP but always find it easier doing it the first way.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

As these are now outdated instructions for the last ModphpBB3 version, I am unsticking and locking this topic. New instructions coming in the next few days for 1.0.5 version.