Adding RSS to a phpBB 3.0 Board

General topics relating to phpBB3 to be posted in here.
bmer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Adding RSS to a phpBB 3.0 Board

Post by bmer »

I just converted my phpBB 2.0 board to 3.0. How can I get RSS to work? I added my rss.php file from my 2.0, but obviously it does not work with 3.0. I have seen phpBB 3.0 boards with RSS and they have a generate_feed.php file. Where can I get this or do I need to install a MOD?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding RSS to a phpBB 3.0 Board

Post by LDM »

Welcome bmer

It wasn't built into 3 (maybe phpBB 3.2 will have one built in?) so it is a mod to add.

The site is down on phpBB but there is a post here with an RSS file if you are looking for a basic RSS feed for your site. I would now give credit to the mod author but I have no idea or remember who it is.

http://www.modphpbb3.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=360
bmer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by bmer »

Thanks! That will work. The 3.0 site I seen that had RSS had a drop down menu when you clicked on the ESS icon. You could select different forums to follow I think.

I see the phpBB boards are STILL down. It must have really been a serious attack.

BTW...how did you get Google ads placed between posts here? Is there some special MOD for that?

Are you using a Mac?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

bmer wrote:Thanks! That will work. The 3.0 site I seen that had RSS had a drop down menu when you clicked on the ESS icon. You could select different forums to follow I think.
I had that running at another board and it seemed to really slow the site down so prefer a lighter RSS option. The mod you mention may be better now as I recall using it very early in beta.
bmer wrote:BTW...how did you get Google ads placed between posts here? Is there some special MOD for that?
There are two advert mods running on this forum, both of which are on phpBB.com, but.. afraid no links due to it being down.
bmer wrote:Are you using a Mac?
Currently on a PC.
laimonas123
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by laimonas123 »

I've had same problem, but friend help me in this situation. Next time I can make it myselft, because I find this great tutorial. Thank you su much :grin:
Ashley
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ashley »

It looks like you are replying an old topic laimonas123. RSS is now default in phpBB since this topic was made.