Some users cant upload avatars

Post any general problems, information or issues on ModphpBB3 in here.
fikse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Some users cant upload avatars

Post by fikse »

I have a clean install of the portal version. Some users cant upload avatars, they get message:

"the uploaded was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector"

I have STF, and found one topic regarding this, but all discussed a upgraded forum, and not a clean install, as i have.

Some users can upload, as myself. Users who cant, has tried to upload different types of files, as jpg, png, but same message.

Anyone?
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Some users cant upload avatars

Post by LDM »

hmm if you had said nobody can upload, that would make more sense than only some cannot upload, so it looks to me like they are uploading the wrong type of file? Do you know what type of image file they are uploading and are permissions write-all on the avatar folder?
fikse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fikse »

Have done some tests with my standard userprofile (standard moderator, but not admin). I already had a avatar of 89*89 px, ordinary jpg. No probs to upload. Saved it in all regular formats, and tried uploading.

BMP (i know its not allowed, just wanted to test): Of course not legal fileformat, but also the "attack vector" error message...
PNG: Nope. Same damn message, "attack vector".
GIF: Same. Attack Vector.
JPG: There it goes OK.

My wife, who also is a member of the site, tried yesterday to upload a jpg avatar with less than 90*90, but got the "attack vector" error.
One regular user have a gif avatar.
One regular user cannot upload anything, have tried bmp, jpg, gif.

All folders in avatar folder, including main avatar folder, has 777 (some of them had 775, but for now I changed all to 777). No change

Rather confused :confused:
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

I will try my best to help. Can you zip and attach you includes/functions.php file or copy and paste and put in a post in code tags. :good:
fikse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fikse »

LDM; Youre the man, thanks alot for trying!
Uhm, I had to copy and paste into notepad. Hope it works :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

That looks fine, can you now do the same with includes/functions_user.php and I will have a look at that.

:good:
fikse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fikse »

Sorry late answer. Here it is :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fikse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fikse »

Hmm. Here the other day, one of our users, who complained that he couldnt upload a animated gif avatar. He remade the gif, and set it to repeat only 3 times, not forever. Then he made to upload successfully. Maybe this will give you a little hint. But still there are some users complaining they cant even upload a JPG-file :banghead:
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

The files that you have sent seem to look fine. The only other way to go is try re-updating just the phpBB database again.

Download the patch files update HERE and only run the database update. See if that makes any difference.

I know of a very quick fix but it probably isn't really the correct route to go.
fikse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fikse »

Uhmm... Im not sure what you mean I should do with these files. Is it in the phpmyadmin I should do this? Should I select the db for the portal, and then just hit import, and import these 3 txt files? See the attached printscreen (sorry for the norwegian text, but Ill guess youve seen myadmin before ;-) )
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

No the update will be through your browser via a file on the server. There should be a database_update.php file in the download.
fikse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fikse »

LDM wrote:No the update will be through your browser via a file on the server. There should be a database_update.php file in the download.
Nope. No database_update.php in the zip. Just three folders (language, prosilver, subsilver2), and a textfile in each (phpbb-3.0.3_to_3.0.4 something .txt) :cray:
LDM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LDM »

Unzip, add install folder to server (making sure you are logged in as admin before uplaod) then go to yourdomain/install/database_update.php

I am sure it will say it is already done but may add something if your tables are missing.
fikse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fikse »

result.png
Done. Thanks alot for a step-by-step explanation, everything worked as a charm. See attached. Will test, and give feedback.
fikse
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fikse »

Damn. Same problem still. If you would search for yourself, I could ask the owner of the domain, if I could give you the user/pw to the controlpanel/files/db?

Anyway, Im very pleased with your help. Its just perfect :D